To provide fans the opportunity to watch Yankees batting practice prior to home spring training games, Steinbrenner Field will open its right field gate to those with valid tickets beginning three hours prior to the scheduled first pitch of that day or evening’s game. The right field gate is accessible via the main plaza in front of the stadium as well as from the Dale Mabry Highway pedestrian overpass that connects to the Raymond James Stadium parking lots.
For those who would like to utilize a wheelchair-accessible entrance or elevator at that time, entry to the stadium is available by the home plate entrance to the field (to the left of the main lobby).
For fans who prefer to arrive as early as possible, the Yankees, thanks to a special partnership with Mastercard®, will open gates to those with valid tickets and a Mastercard® beginning 3 hours and 20 minutes prior to the first pitch.
Please note that until two hours prior to the scheduled first pitch, fans will be permitted in the outfield sections of the stands only (including the BayCare | St. Joseph’s Hospitals HealthZone in left field, center field, and the right field terrace). Beginning two hours prior to the scheduled first pitch, the rest of the Stadium bowl will open, as will all Stadium gates for fans with valid tickets for that day’s game.
Throughout the spring, fans attending home spring training Yankees games are strongly encouraged to arrive early and budget an appropriate amount of time for MLB-mandated metal detection screening upon entry.
These procedures have been instituted as a result of Major League Baseball’s continuing work with the Department of Homeland Security to standardize security practices across the game. Prior to entering the stadium, fans will be required to undergo metal detection screening in addition to bag checks (details below).
Please note the following security protocols for the 2019 home spring schedule at Steinbrenner Field:
- All fans entering Steinbrenner Field will be subject to walk-through metal detectors and/or handheld metal detectors per Major League Baseball’s requirements for all spring training and regular season stadiums.
- Metal detection procedures are in addition to a bag check policy which prohibits the admission of bags larger than 16″ x 16″ x 8″ into Steinbrenner Field and allows for the search of all bags prior to entry.
- Fans must remove all objects from their pockets — including, but not limited to, cell phones, cameras, keys and other large metal items — prior to screening by metal detectors.
- Fans will not be required to remove shoes and belts unless specifically asked by a security officer.
- Beginning in 2019, Steinbrenner Field is a smoke- and tobacco-free stadium. This policy will be in place for all stadium events, including all Yankees spring training workouts and games, and all Tampa Tarpons games. The use of all tobacco products, including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, e-cigarettes and vapor mechanisms, will be prohibited in all areas of the stadium. Additionally, the majority of the grounds around the stadium will also be designated smoke- and tobacco-free. Guests wishing to use tobacco products prior to entering Steinbrenner Field or after leaving Steinbrenner Field will be restricted to designated spaces on the grounds outside the facility.
- The use of derogatory or offensive language will not be permitted, and guests are encouraged to report its use to the nearest stadium staff member, security personnel or Guest Services staff member.
- Re-entry into the stadium on game days will not be permitted.
- Steinbrenner Field will not store any prohibited items. Fans taking public transportation to the game are asked to take special note.
- Parking lots will open 4 hours prior to every home game.
Tickets for individual Yankees games at Steinbrenner Field are available at the Steinbrenner Field box office, online at www.gmsfield.com and www.yankees.com/spring, or by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Fans with inquiries regarding single-game tickets, season tickets, group ticket availability and special event availability may call the box office directly at (813) 879-2244.