With the 2019 Stanley Cup finals in full gear and the average NHL ticket now costing more than an NBA ticket, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2019’s Best Cities for Hockey Fans as well as accompanying videos along with its Stanley Cup Facts infographic.
To determine the best places for hockey spectators, WalletHub compared 73 U.S. cities based on two divisional categories, professional and college hockey, across 21 key metrics. The data set ranges from the performance level of the city’s teams to minimum season ticket prices to stadium capacity.
Hockey Fandom in New York (1=Best; 37=Avg.)
- 12th – Performance Level of NHL Team
- 20th – Avg. Ticket Price for NHL Game
- 23rd – NHL Stadium Capacity
- 2nd – Number of NHL Stanley Cup Wins
- 20th – NHL Attendance
- 2nd – NHL Team Franchise Value
- 23rd – NHL Fan Engagement
For the full report, please visit: