Thu., Feb. 15, 2018 Barclays Center
|NYI||1||1||1||3||NYI: J. Bailey (15), J. Eberle (20), T. Hickey (3)|
|OFFICIAL GAME REPORTS||GOALIES|
|Game Summary||NYR: H. Lundqvist (L) NYI: J. Halak (W)|
– SHOTS ON GOAL – The Rangers established a single-game season-high with 50 shots on goal and established a single-period season-high with 21 shots on goal in the third period, as 17 of 18 skaters recorded at least one shot on goal in the game. The Rangers recorded 50 shots on goal in a game for the first time since Jan. 4, 2014 at Toronto (50). The Blueshirts have recorded 18 or more shots on goal in a period in each of the last four games (Feb. 9 vs. Calgary – 20 in the first period; Feb. 11 at Winnipeg – 18 in the second period; Feb. 13 at Minnesota – 19 in the second period; tonight at NY Islanders – 21 in the third period). In addition, the Rangers have registered 30 or more shots on goal in four of the last six games and in 30 of 58 games in 2017-18. The Rangers recorded 40 or more shots on goal in a game for the fifth time this season.
– HOT AT THE DOT – The Blueshirts won 32 of 58 faceoffs in tonight’s game (55.2%). The Rangers have posted a faceoff win percentage of 50.0% or better in six of the last nine games and in 32 of 58 games in 2017-18.
– Henrik Lundqvist made 32 saves in tonight’s contest, including 15 in the second period. He made his 50th appearance of the 2017-18 season tonight. Lundqvist is now one of three goaltenders in NHL history who have made 50 or more appearances in 11 of their first 13 NHL seasons (along with Tony Esposito and Harry Lumley). In addition, Lundqvist is one of eight goaltenders in NHL history who have appeared in at least 50 games in 11 or more seasons in their career (along with Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Roberto Luongo, Tony Esposito, Curtis Joseph, Patrick Roy, and Harry Lumley), and he is the only goaltender who has made 50 or more appearances in 11 different seasons with the Rangers in franchise history. Lundqvist leads the NHL in appearances this season.
– John Gilmour tied for the team-high with five shots on goal in 18:25 of ice time. He has recorded 10 shots on goal in the last two games and 15 shots on goal over his first four career NHL games.
– Neal Pionk was credited with three hits and recorded two shots on goal while skating in a team-high 23:04 of ice time.
– J.T. Miller won nine of 10 faceoffs (90.0%) and registered three shots on goal in 19:03 of ice time.
– Rick Nash tied for the team-high with five shots on goal in tonight’s contest.
– Tomorrow (Friday, Feb. 16): Practice, 12:00 p.m. at MSG Training Center
– Next Game: Saturday, Feb. 17 at Ottawa (2:00 p.m. ET – TV: MSG Network)
*Schedule subject to change