No quit. No limits. No excuses. The National Wounded Warrior Amputee Team. Theirs is not a war story, nor a political story. Theirs is a story of a world with limits does not have to be limited. It is a kid story, it is a Long Island story.
Event Organizer J. Bart has always felt the games are great, and the people agree. Everyone agrees that there is nothing like spending time, meeting and getting to know these players on “America’s Team”. For their upcoming visits they are incorporating more time to spend with you, their fans. Be it play golf followed by dinner, children under 12 attending their clinic, or having some BBQ, soft drinks of beer at the post game party, there is something for everyone. But beware, you will be left wanting more ! The agenda:
No Quit. No Limits. No Excuses. Back to Long Island: May 17 – 20, 2018. Spread the word.
– Thursday May 17th – Fundraising Golf Outing With Several Players. Includes Lunch, Golf, Dinner, Drinks, Prizes, Raffles. Rock Hill, CC, Long Island.
– Friday May 18th – School and civics visits.
SUPER SATURDAY ! MAY 19th:
– Free clinic for children under 12, followed by the WWAST HR Derby. 9:45am – noon at St John The Baptist High School, West Islip
– 4pm Opening Ceremony followed by game: WWAST vs NY First Responders. Otsego Park, Commack Road, Huntington. Get there early! Free.
– Hang with the team. 7:15 – 9:30 Meet, Greet, Eat. Hosted by Texas Roadhouse and their award winning ribs. Food, water, beer. At Commack Fire House on Jericho Tpke Commack. Fee is $ 5, which you receive back a $ 5 meal ticket.
Medford Athletic Complex – Free
Opening Ceremony, not to be missed, 11:30 featuring the Patriot Guard Riders, ABATE
Greeting from Dan Murphy, and several surprises.
GAME at 12:30 vs The Long Island All Stars.
Tentative Schedule, subject to change.
Learn more at www.warriorsny.org & follow the build up at www.facebook.com/wwastny. Sponsors welcome. The Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team is a standalone not for profit. It has not and never has been associated with the Wounded Warrior Project.
March / April: several players coming in to visit, stay tuned ! www.warriorsny.org
Questions / contact: joebart 631 840 7787 firstname.lastname@example.org
** Celebration, inspiration, motivation **
Tax deductible donations and sponsorships are always welcome to keep the games free!