WWE Live Event Review at MSG – Brock Lesnar “Go to Hell” Tour
Madison Square Garden, New York City
By Bryan Revello, Editor-in-Chief
The show was another fun and exciting event to attend live. There is something truly special about WWE at MSG and sitting on the floor is always an amazing experience.
Sitting just 10 rows from the ring, I couldn’t help but reminisce about when my father took me to MSG as a kid and I saw Hulk Hogan fight Earthquake at a WWE house show. My seats tonight were very similar to the seats on that night in 1991 and I am proud to say I was there tonight with my father as well.
Tonight’s show didn’t have the usual “house show” feel because of it being broadcast on the WWE Network. There was no intermission and the pacing was more what you would see from a WWE pay-per-view than a show without TV cameras. It was still a blast to attend and a hot New York crowd made everything the more fun.
Other cool notes/observations from the show:
- Randy Orton was more over with the crowd than expected.
- The New York crowd still eats up Zack Ryder.
- There was a buzz in the building that Ric Flair would be on the show but it did not happen.
- Did anyone count the number of suplexes that Brock gave to Big Show? I lost count after 3.
- The women’s match had a worse reception than anticipated although I did hear one “I love you Becky” chant in my section.
- The crowd loved Brock Lesnar and popped hard.
- The New Day are just as amusing in person.
- Brad Maddox received quite a few “who are you?” chants.
- The Jericho-Owens match was a delight to see live.
- The steel cage came down as quickly as any steel cage I have ever seen live.
- If this event was advertised around Brock Lesnar, why did Brock-Big Show semi Main Event?
- Everybody in the crowd knew Kane was coming.
- The presale code for the upcoming December 26th event at MSG is holiday.
Here are some videos from the event – TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT YOU MISSED!
BROCK LESNAR ENTRANCE
KEVIN OWENS VS. CHRIS JERICHO HIGHLIGHTS
JOHN CENA ENTRANCE
CENA VS. ROLLINS IN A CAGE
CHRIS JERICHO ENTRANCE
KEVINS OWENS ENTRANCE – HE SAYS SOMETHING TO A FAN
LET’S GO CENA ~ CENA SUCKS CHANTS
NEW DAY INTRO – FUNNY STUFF
BO DALLAS ENTRANCE – EXCLUSIVE PRE-SHOW FOOTAGE
BIG SHOW ENTRANCE