“Final Four” Ticket Searches Up 49 Percent Year-Over-Year, Signaling Sports Fans’ Excitement For Tournament
CHICAGO, Feb. 10, 2017 — Vivid Seats, one of the fastest growing online marketplaces for sports, concert and theater tickets, today unveiled its NCAA Tournament Pricing Preview giving sports fans an early look at the average ticket prices and most popular games based on host site. The pricing preview comes one day before the NCAA Selection Committee takes its first ever in-season look at the country’s Top 16 teams.
“We’re seeing a lot of early interest from fans for the NCAA tournament with organic search traffic up 49 percent year-over-year for Final Four ticket-related keywords to the Vivid Seats site,” said Marita Hudson Thomas, a spokesperson for Chicago-based Vivid Seats.2 “Because of the early interest, we are providing fans with a preview of how much it might cost to follow their favorite team.”
To purchase tickets to the 2017 NCAA Tournament, visit https://www.vividseats.com/ncaab/march-madness-tickets.html.
VIVID SEATS NCAA PRICING PREVIEW3
Over the past four years, the cost for fans to attend every session of the championship-winning team averaged $1,405.4The Vivid Seats NCAA Tournament Pricing Preview ranks the most popular tournament games and average prices for fans based on host site and round. The preview also provides key insights about tickets at each step of the way giving fans an early look at how much it might cost to follow their favorite team this year. Rankings and average prices are based on tickets sold on the Vivid Seats website.
|Vivid Seats NCAA Tournament Pricing Preview: First and Second Rounds|
|Rank||Venue||City/State||Avg. Ticket Price|
|1||Vivint Smart Home Arena||Salt Lake City, Utah||$324|
|2||KeyBank Center||Buffalo, N.Y.||$271|
|3||Golden 1 Center||Sacramento, Calif.||$337|
|4||Amway Center||Orlando, Fla.||$303|
|5||BMO Harris Bradley Center||Milwaukee, Wis.||$288|
|6||Bon Secours Wellness Arena||Greenville, S.C.||$306|
|7||Bankers Life Fieldhouse||Indianapolis, Ind.||$212|
|8||BOK Center||Tulsa, Okla.||$257|
First and Second Round Highlights
- Fans have paid an average of $295 for tickets to first and second round games. Excluding “All Sessions” tickets, the average price paid is $160.
- Salt Lake City is the most popular first and second round site. According to early brackets, Salt Lake City would host the undefeated Gonzaga Bulldogs – the team projected to be the No. 1 seed in the West Region.
- Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis offers the lowest average ticket price at $212. However, BOK Center in Tulsa is the cheapest first and second round site at $195 based on the minimum price of tickets currently listed.
|Vivid Seats NCAA Tournament Pricing Preview: Regionals|
|Rank||Venue||City/State||Avg. Ticket Price|
|1||Madison Square Garden||New York, N.Y.||$413|
|2||Sprint Center||Kansas City, Mo.||$436|
|3||SAP Center||San Jose, Calif.||$444|
|4||FedEx Forum||Memphis, Tenn.||$479|
- Fans have paid an average of $434 for tickets to regional round games. Excluding “All Sessions” tickets, the average price paid is $282.
- Madison Square Garden is the most popular site for regional games, representing 43 percent of tickets sold to regional games.
- Madison Square Garden in New York offers the lowest average ticket price at $413. However, FedEx Forum in Memphis is the cheapest regional round site at $260based on the minimum price of tickets currently listed.
|Vivid Seats NCAA Tournament Pricing Preview: Final Four|
|Venue||City/State||Avg. Ticket Price|
|University of Phoenix Stadium||Glendale, Ariz.||$914|
Final Four Highlights
- The average cost to attend two Final Four games and a National Championship Gameis $800.
- The average cost for fans to attend both Semifinal games is $475.
- The average cost for fans to attend the National Championship Game is $425.
For more on the Vivid Seats NCAA Pricing Preview, visit the Vivid Seats blog. Prices will be updated as teams are determined throughout the tournament and will offer new insights on top selling games, average prices and search volume.
2Based on organic search traffic for Final Four ticket-related keywords from 1/16 to 2/3 for 2016 and 2017.
3The Vivid Seats Pricing Preview’s rankings and average ticket prices are based on tickets sold on vividseats.com as of 2/3/17. Based on activity in the ticket marketplace, prices can change.
4 Based on all tickets sold for NCAA tournament games from 2013 – 2016 on vividseats.com. Data is the average cost of each session the championship team played for each year.
About Vivid Seats
Vivid Seats is the largest independent secondary marketplace for tickets to live sports, concert and theater events. Founded in 2001, the Chicago-based company offers industry-leading affordability across one of the widest selections of premium tickets and event packages. Vivid Seats supports all confirmed orders with a 100% Buyer Guarantee and an in-house customer service team to ensure the safest and most convenient purchase experience. Fans that want to sit closer and see more of their favorite live events can order directly on vividseats.com or by phone at 866.848.8499.
Marita Hudson Thomas, email@example.com, +1-312-291-9966, Ext. 149
Courtney Cohen, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-312-750-0871